Tuesday 22 March 2016

Baby got Blue Eyes

This is my gorgeous little niece when she came to visit us recently - totally cracked us up with some of her comments!


I wanted to have a play around with the beautiful Blue Fern papers and embossing powders,using different techniques with the powders. I didn't come to scrapbooking from card making so I hadn't really had much of a play with them before, and discovered what an easy and effective way to colour things and add a bit of "pop".

I had you-tubed ways to use them - this is the link here . I tried them all out but didn't use all of them on this page - gotta save some fun for later!

  1. Stamped with Versamark Ink then embossed
  2. Applied Versamark to chipboard then embossed with one or more colours
  3. Embossed over double sided tape
  4. Mixed embossing powder with Prima Soft Gloss Gel and applied through a stencil (I think I would use 3D gel another time) and
  5.  Embossed over hot glue - this one is super cool!
I hope you have as much fun as I did trying things out - but will you get in as much mess as I did is the real question! :)) 

Leave a comment for me if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, thanks for leaving them!