Tuesday 18 September 2018

Life is Good

Hi Crafty friends, I'm back again with a quick (ish!) layout for you.

First up, here's the finished page...

I decided on this page I wanted a pale pink background, so I mixed a couple of drops of Colour Artist Ink in Slipper - all you need because it's so highly pigmented -  with a spatula full of White Heavy Gesso.

Once I had mixed it in, I used my palette knife to roughly lay it down in the centre of my page.
 I tried to leave as much texture as I could, lumpy bumpy is good!

Once that was totally dry, I used a Kaisercraft stencil to lay on some more White Heavy Gesso, but this time I didn't colour it, but before it dried I sprinkled some Colour Embossing Powder in Blush and heated it.

Off to a good start, but I still didn't have enough depth so I got out my Colour Shimmer Powders in Passion and Cobalt. I sprinkled just a few tiny little bits of both colours here and there, then very lightly sprayed with water. The gesso resists the powder so it runs into the gaps. Love it! I also tilted the page to make it run even further.



Looking at this had me craving a boysenberry ice cream!!

While that was drying, I painted my chipboard title (it was already white) with a little Colour Shimmer Dust in Navy, using a water brush. I went over it towards one edge a little heavier.

When this was totally dry, I used an embossing ink dauber on the lower half of the words, and embossed it with Colour Embossing Powder in Bling.
It looks gorgeous once it's heated!

I was finished then so I put my layers together using a doily and a bit of punchinella as a base, and then Cocoa Vanilla's Bohemian Dream for all the rest of the layers and embellies. I also added some gold sequins, and finally I splattered a little White Heavy Gesso and Black Heavy Gesso.

Here are some close ups - including the title - 




Thanks for visiting, hope you're inspired to try something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, thanks for leaving them!