Thursday 19 March 2015

{Love this} Biker Chick

I've got to say I was more than a bit nervous when Bre wanted to take Flossie out for the first time this summer. I paced round and round the driveway for a couple of minutes then went and got my camera and waited for her. And waited. And waited some more. I think she took the scenic route on purpose. Finally she arrived home with a big grin, and has taken her out again a few times since.
 
 
I loved playing with this layout - probably the only chance I'll ever get to use pink on a layout with number one daughter!
 
I used the March sketch from Stuck?! Sketchs - I just love the multi photo sketches as you can tell a whole story in the pictures. Here's the sketch
 
 
I started off with a home made stencil and some texture paste mixed with acrylic paint. The patterned paper is an old favourite Amy Tangerine from American Crafts. The chipboard and wood veneers are WOW, and the flair is from Paper Vine. I've been waiting to use that little pink scooter sticker for about 5 years, and good grief - there's also vellum, left behind from when I used to use it on nearly every single layout!
 
Hope you like it!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love your layout. The pink is great and the background with the texture paste is cool. Thank you so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous layout!! I love how the pink really stands out against the grey & black. That little pink scooter sticker is perfect for your layout!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous page, love the accents and that background work! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to see and love here, girl! Great combination of colors and textures, and I'm totally in love with that background! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, thanks for leaving them!